But worry no more heel lovers, because here are some tips on how to put your best foot forward:
1. Pick the right shoe in the right size
- shoes that are too small are the major culprits of pain." Women often times squeeze in their foot in to the wrong shoe size that causes damage, blisters, bunions" as stated by Dr. Newton
- of the twenty four hours in a day, feet can swell in as much as 10%
- shopping and fitting shoes in the malls are the major causes of a swollen feet
- shoes that are completely flat can lead to pain in the knees, hips and back. This can also trigger a disorder called plantar fasciitis--wherein the band of tissue on the bottom of the foot that runs from the heel to the toes becomes inflamed.
- 3-inch heel exerts 76% more pressure than a flat shoe. The perfect heel height is generally between one and two inches
source: Cebu Daily News Nov. 5, 2012. page 14 Sec. Life!