Sentimental Sunday


It is not everyday that we get the chance to perform on stage. Luckily, for my course, they offer one subject that lets us do a play production every semester. This time, they opted to do a musical. Quite challenging, isn't it? The tiring practices, all the dancing and lip-syncing. The effort we put through just to make a good play despite how our teacher took us for granted (see: she was never in our practices, just those within the classroom) and the lack of funds and resources. The title of the play is "Once on this island".
So I had a really large role in this production. I was both a peasant and a french woman who dances through out the whole 40 minute play. The photo above is me and my wonderful make-up artist; more like she did my eyebrows and gash I felt so pretty that time! Hahaha

And even though I had to disobey fashion rules, I had to pose for an #ootd just because I want to see how I look despite the lack of style knowing that I am a peasant. Surprisingly, I look just fine. Perhaps the make up did the job for me? 



This photo makes me wanna say "I nailed that look!" or "I did pull off some unknown genre of style" Hahahaha. 

As for my role as a French woman, I wore this red half-moon long gown.I love the way this dress hugs my body shape. At least it gives me the chance to feel so sexy and pretend to have that curvaceous body even just for a day.
For someone who has poured so much sweat and blood for this play, someone who religiously attends practices and present in every meeting, seeing the result of the play was satisfying and also very heartwarming. It may not be as lavish like the past productions created by our department but at least many people appreciated what we did.
And here I am, trying to have that GODDESS moment since, I was not one of them. Hahaha. Might as well have a picture with them and pretend to be the queen! #chos. Btw, I really love my make up for both presentations and I would personally thank my make-up artists, the good natured make-up artists who made me beautiful that day; SHAM AND AYUNAMAE

This is my favorite photo! Hahaha. Because I look thin and sexy in it.  Tsk, I really should master some poses that could make me look sexy in photos. Good thing I was able to mimic some poses in fashion magazines.
Here we are, the A-team shall I say? I will surely miss these guys after a month or two of being together and sdoing all the crazy stuff during rehearsals.

And I bumped on my highschool classmate who stayed til the show ends! Woohooo. you guys are so supportive. Thank you so much!

What I realized after the show was that I am really old now. Gosh, I only used to watch the higher years pay prod before and now I can't believe I am doing it already. Oh well, thesis I'm coming!

Credits: First outfit: Abercrombie&Fitch muscle shirt| thirfted skirt
Second outfit: red dress: Get Laud!
MUA: Sarah Mae Pepito and Ayuname Utsunumiya

Comments

  1. Wow, what a COOL event! XD

    Anyway, you have such a lovely blog.
    I've been following you.
    Mind to follow me back? ^^

    Glad to know you.
    Thank you!
    Debby
    AMOUR DE MA VIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely pics! looks like you had a good time :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Treasure

I am a School Girl

Friday Night