On a Perpetual State of Neutrality




As I am writing this blog, you should know that I am in a trance of Sam Smith's "Too Good at Goodbyes" and I have my new favorite coffee with me. Hence, anything written in this post could be in the midst of a heightened anger or a surge of overwhelming feeling.

But all the niceties aside, my point of writing is that I feel open and exposed. Lately, I have been learning the art of smiling and laughing out loud. Laughing at small things. Smiling at stupid situations and even at my own mistakes. Although for a person who has always been composed and my emotions bottled up, this is quite liberating.
Freely letting people in, in my life is a big leap of faith. I hate having too many human beings inside my small territory. I hate having people know my likes and dislikes because by then, I might have made an emotional investment and even creating connections with strangers. This is a part of growing up. Inevitable even. But I hate this transition period.

It is terrifying but at the same time liberating. It feels like I do not need to hide my true self but I am terrified of how the world might accept me as well. I think I am not an awful human being but I am not prepared for the whole world to know me. I am confident hiding in my intimidating facade and be someone that is deemed to be scary.
With my mind set on being neutral, all I get are disappointments. I cannot seem to achieve that state of neutrality, instead, I just get constantly anxious on everything that happens. I see how unfair the world can get. I see everything that my own little perfect world cannot handle. I see how things can be so easy for the entitled and how hard things can go for the poor. I see how dreams can easily be achieved by some while things may have to take U-turns for most people. With this inequality alone, I have to live with this fact.

This constant state of anxiety and unspoken depression I am in, I really do not know what I want in life. I hear compliments. I hear appreciation. But it will not make sense if I cannot see what these people appreciate in me. I have to have that unconditional love for myself first. Love everything that I am and everything that I hope to be.

I wrote this post not as a narcissist but as a person who is struggling to love myself. A person who is making her way through life, meeting people, failing and succeeding. There is a long journey waiting for me. I need to be stronger and tougher. I need to be a strong woman that I have always visioned myself to be.

And if you are another lost soul and you happened to open this post of mine, I hope I have touched your life in one way or another. I do not mean to radiate my self-depreciating thoughts but I just want to send out a message to everyone that whatever anxiety and depression you are feeling right now, it is normal. You are growing. You are learning and you are getting there.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasure

Friday Night

I am a School Girl