Not Too Good with Goodbyes









If you are my student and you are reading this, you are probably wondering why or if you already have a hint about what this post would be then you might find some answers to your questions ;) The school year has ended and my days in Southcrest is ending as well. It was a short and sweet stay but it was one whole year full of meaning and joy.

For months, people are asking me how, why, what and where because of my decision to not pursue another year in the school. As much as I would want to give out a definite answer to everyone, I could not. Mainly because I am not sure of where life would take me. All I know is that I need to go incognito. I need to disappear from the familiar for a while.

I have been aching to embark on something new and unfamiliar. Somewhere I do not know and test my survival skills. I want to see how fearless I am when I am not in my comfort zone. I want to test myself as to how far am I willing to go in order to find that endless pursuit of happiness and contentment. But for now, all I know is that I need to find what I really want in life. Something that is not caused by peer pressure or that superficial success paraded in Facebook timelines. I am aiming for something higher.

But enough of that, this post is entirely dedicated to the girls who have become a part of my life and learning for the past year. I do not want to sound cheesy but you, girls have become so vital to the person that I have become today. You were part of that personal growth that I have been craving. Knowing how to adjust to your differences and to cope with your bottomless pit of energy made me realize that I can be flexible too.

To my Grade 11, you know I am always on your side no matter what ;) I told you once and I will tell you again that my affection for you goes beyond what I am capable of. You have done many horrendous things ( that is just an exaggeration) but I have always seemed to bear with it. Perhaps the reason why I tend to understand why you can do such things is that you are too overwhelmed with your situation.

You have to go through the challenges of senior high school. You had the pressure to do good and at the same time keep up with the demands of your youth. But take note, my dear girls, there is no such things as serving two masters at the same time. You need to set your priorities straight and put some fun on the sides. You cannot do both at the same time. Once you master that rule, you can saunter through life as if you are just taking a leisurely walk in the park.



To my mentees, Trhystal, Gaela, Micmic, Gabby, Jianna, Ela, Reese, Zia, and Ria, please do know that everything we have discussed in our chats is all kept in my treasury of secrets. Thank you for entrusting me your thoughts and for treating me as your older sister or friend. You were my little group of friends that I tend to have more fun talking to rather than discussing stuff with people my age. Perhaps your youth and the new things that you introduce me too has kept me young and up to date with change.

Our chats were one of the few times that I can actually get to know people personally and hear your stories. It keeps me grounded knowing how different our perspectives could be and thus the need to always keep an open mind. And I hope that during these brief conversations, I was able to impart life lessons to you.

To all my classes in Grade 12, 10 and 9--thank you for reading my assigned texts. I know how much you have greatly depended on Gradesaver, Litcharts, and Sparknotes for literary analysis but still, the mere fact that you exert effort to give me quality essays is something that I am very appreciative of. You may not be a big fan of reading, but I hope Literature has made an impact on you in one way or another.

I will always be your cheerleader, your number one fan, and your worst critic. Even if I just taught you for a year, I can already see that potential in you waiting to be discovered and developed. I always tell you that you guys are not meant to be in the backstage. You are one that needs to be up front and the kind that people look up to. And I will be waiting for the day wherein I can see you in marquees, billboards or even in magazines where the world can see the woman that you have become ( hopefully, I will be doing the same too. hehe)

As for my colleagues, thank you for teaching me lessons. Life lessons for that matter. Everything that happened and everything that has been said and done during the working hours has given me so many lessons about real life. Dealing with workmates. Handling too many things at the same time and just getting through everything. These are the kind of lessons I will bring with me everywhere and make sure I do not do the same mistake twice. Thank you for showing me what to follow and what not to follow. I have been keeping tabs!

Hope you all have a harmonious relationship for the next years!!!! See you around!





Comments

  1. Good luck on your future endeavors :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Treasure

I am a School Girl

Friday Night