Missing the Tropics

It has been almost a month since I went back home. Came back to Hanoi and its chilly weather. Technically, it is not that cold but my tropical soul just could not take it. I promised myself to work out and sweat but how could I move when its 15 degrees outside. I know that is not the coldest but the bed has a strong gravitational pull. Instead, I end up sleeping or lying in bed until lunchtime.

Not only am I missing the warm weather, but I am also missing the familiar faces. They have helped me forget overthinking even just a bit. I have been so alone for two years, and alone means I can be with people but never fully be with them. My mind is just in another dimension. And when I saw my friends, reconnected with them, it made me feel human again.

I miss the beach too. I miss everything on the island. But life happened and I do not think I would be staying on the island forever as well. Cebu is home but the country and its economic/political and social conditions are things I would not want to deal with. Crab mentality at its finest and everyone seems to not want others to succeed. 
I feel sorry for the potential the Philippines could have but the people are stagnating its growth. I do not mean to sound like I am starting a revolution but it is a thought that is worth pondering on. In another life, I would go back and save what is left of the broken pieces, but I need to be rich build my dream house and walk-in closet, see the world in pretty lenses;) hehehehe. I need to fix myself before I could fix the world.


Fast forward on a Sunday afternoon, all alone in my room with no one to talk to and currently full of sad thoughts. I wish I am home though. With my siblings listening to old songs and just talking about how we are going to build our empire (see: ultra mega-rich). Home is fun but we need to grow somewhere else.


To put things in perspective, I guess when we have goals we need to sacrifice a lot of things. Give up the time to be with the people we love or the dating scene. Give up on people who could not support us to achieve it. Give up on situations that will make the journey heavier.

But I have a little hope left in me. That in time, things will go my way. And my whole life will feel as if I am in the tropics.


See you in the next blog!

Comments

  1. I love your smile and your energy. Hope to meet you in Hanoi to learn English by talking with you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Treasure

Friday Night

I am a School Girl