Life After Lockdown

I cannot believe that my next content would come out of insomnia. It was just last night while I was twisting and turning on my bed when I knew what I should write in my blog today. 

The nationwide lock down in this side of the world ended more than a month ago. It was after the government have not detected any new cases for 15 days straight. For some, it was like a notice of release from prison while for the minority, it was just another day. And I belonged to that minor group. 


It was only two weeks after that I decided to go out again. Doing the usual, a full walk around the lake while talking non-sense to my friend. Drinking coffee in cafes even though I had my own coffee at home and most of all eating out (since I thrive mostly on food delivery).

But what has changed really? As for me, after the 1.5 months of imposed quarantine by the government and the decision of the company to let us work from home, I kinda like it. Mainly because I did not have to go out and I like the chill vibe at home.

I also learned how to manage my time doing some exercises or even teach myself some meals wherein I do not have to cook much. And this has helped me regulate my weight. A LOT. Unlike in the past, I would stay out the whole day. Eat lunch in restaurants or fast food shops depending on the mood, then I would stay in a cafe until it is work time. It does not sound healthy at all right? It does not even sound cost efficient at all.

The lock down taught me to stay put. I cleaned, I bought more scented candles and changed sheets regularly to make myself feel like I am in the spa ;) Those were the cooler days, I would even put my menthol rub on my back and shoulders for complete relaxation. It was man-made heaven lol. But now it is too hot and no one is happy (especially the electric bills)
Another thing that greatly changed, was my sudden disinterest in shopping malls. I would not say I am a shopaholic, but the shopping centers in this city was my second home at some point in time. Whether it was to buy something necessary or just being impulsive, I would always go home with something new for my closet. Was it used? Well, maybe once.

During the whole virus mayhem which started four months ago, I have not stepped into any kinds of mall since then. Maybe because I had done a major shopping haul back home and I felt like I got all I need or maybe maturity hit me and I realized it was not as fun as it used to be. Whatever the reason was, it was pocket friendly for me.

These minor changes in my lifestyle has really brought drastic effects in terms of my two biggest worries: weight and my spending habits. They have made me realize how unreasonable my choices in food and things are. Why was I hoarding? Why was I spoiling myself with junk?

These new habits formed is something that I really am thankful for post-quarantine.


This blog post has been long pending but it took me four months before I knew what I want to write. But thank you for tuning in :) 

See you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasure

Friday Night

I am a School Girl